Claims Avoidance & Resolution
CMS brings extensive industry experience and knowledge in evaluating and managing all types of construction claims.
Our goal is to assist our clients in carrying out successful projects by resolving issues at the field level whenever possible. This most often avoids time consuming legal proceedings after the project’s completion.
Because our size and style of business permit it, communications with clients are maximized and effective uses of all resources are realized. By providing adequate support and analysis, better informed business decisions are made, resulting in more effective dispute resolution.
Construction Claims Management
Regional Plant No.4-Expansion to 14MG
- Owner: Inland Empire Utilities Agency (IEUA)
- Project Value: $4.7 million
- CMS performed schedule analysis, evaluation and presentations of multiple delay events caused by the Owner that occurred throughout this water treatment plant upgrade project. The window method of time impact analysis was used to claim for over 400 days of a compensable time extension.
Lancaster Water Treatment Plant Stage 5
- Owner:LA County Sanitation District
- Project Value: $145 million
- CMS evaluated multiple impacts and project delays to the treatment plant expansion. A step-by-step window method time impact analysis method was used effectively to demonstrate complex engineering and construction compensable delay issues of over 200 days.
Recycled Water Pipeline Projects
- Owner: Inland Empire Utilities Agency/Cucamonga Water District (IEUA/CWD)
- Project Value: $5 million
- CMS performed in-depth multiple schedule analysis, presentation and evaluation of compensable delays that have occurred within the recycled water pipeline projects at IEUA and CWD.
Advanced Water Treatment Facility
- Owner: Orange County Water District (OCWD)
- Project Value: $300 million
- CMS evaluated multiple impacts and project delays within the state-of-the-art water treatment facility project. CMS’ analysis of Owner delays resulted in the successful negotiation of a 162-day contract time extension for the general contractor.
Perris Valley Regional Water Reclamation Facility 3 Expansion
- Owner: Eastern Municipal Water District (EMWD)
- Project Value: $1.5 million overhead claim
- CMS evaluated multiple impacts and project delays for the agency and helped successfully defend a $1.5 million extended overhead claim by the general contractor.
Palmdale Water Reclamation Plant Stage 5 Expansion
- Owner: LA County Sanitation District (LACSD)
- Project Value: $120 million
- CMS evaluated multiple impacts and project delays to the water reclamation plant expansion project. A step-by-step window method schedule analysis was prepared to demonstrate complex construction delay issues, which effectively secured a 120-day contract time extension for the general contractor.
Queensway Southbound Ramps J&K Over Harbor Scenic Drive
- Owner: Los Angeles Country Department of Public Works (LADPW)
- Project Value: $3.8 million
- CMS used forensic project analysis to create baseline schedule and as-built schedule files incorporating multiple delay issues. CMS evaluated both owner and general contractor-caused delays and prepared a time impact analysis to help negotiate a 185-working day contract extension for the general contractor.